Two Cheese and Onion Pasty
15 minutes bake time
Try this delicious recipe for two cheese and onion pasty – made with Jus-Rol’s shortcrust pastry, this easy pasty is a guaranteed family favourite.
- 1 x 375g Jus-Rol™ shortcrust pastry sheets
- 50g emmental cheese finely grated
- 50g lancashire Cheese crumbled
- 2 onions finely sliced
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard seed
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped. Or other herb of your choice
- 1 egg wash to glaze
- Baking Sheet
- Baking paper
- Frying pan
- Pastry cutters
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC for fan assisted ovens)/ Gas M 7
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and sauté the onions until soft and golden brown, allow to cool.
- Combine the cooled onions with cheeses, mustard and parsley.
- Unroll the pastry sheets and cut into 4 equal rectangles. Divide filling into four and place across the length leaving a small gap along the long edges.
- Brush the boarders with egg wash and bring up the sides to meet across the filling, press together to form a good seal. Make two steam holes in the top. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- Egg wash the outside of the pasty and place in oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- 5 minutes before they are cooked remove from the oevn a sprinke with a little more cheese