Treat someone special with this dessert which is easy to make, but looks great.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Puff pastry ready rolled sheet
- 1 egg beaten to glaze
- caster sugar sprinkled
- 1 creme fraiche
- 150g strawberries
- 50g plain chocolate
- Pastry Brush
- Parchment Paper
- Pastry cutters
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC for fan assisted ovens)/Gas M 7
- Unroll pastry sheet and cut out eight hearts of the dimensions shown.
- Prick each heart with a fork, brush with beaten egg and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Place on a baking sheet and bake for approx. 10 minutes until risen and golden, allow to cool.
- Slice the strawberries, and split heart in half through it’s equator.
- Sandwich the heart together again with crème fraiche and sliced strawberries.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle across the tops of the hearts, serve two per person with a few strawberries for garnish.
- Download the recipe for a heart shaped cutter guide you can print to help you get the dimensions just right.