Vegetable Tikka Turnovers
15 minutes bake time
Try this crisp vegetable tikka turnovers recipe for a tasty lunchtime option. Made with Jus-Rol puff pastry and perfect served with vegetables or salad.
- 32 Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry Squares 127mm, thawed
- Beaten egg to glaze
- For the filling
- 1 kilo total weight of Potatoes, carrots and swede, or other combination of root vegetables
- 300 g Cauliflower of broccoli florets
- 225 g frozen peas, thawed
- 350 g Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 300 g Ready made Tikka curry sauce
- Large pan
- Frying pan
For the filling:
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7
- Peel all root vegetables and cut into smallish chunks or cubes. Place in a large pan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for approx. 15 minutes until just beginning to turn tender. Add cauliflower and broccoli to pan and continue cooking for further 5-7 minutes. Drain vegetables well.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan gently sauté the onion in oil until transparent. Add the drained vegetables to the pan along with the peas and curry sauce. Gently simmer until sauce well combined.
For the turnovers:
- Take one pastry square and place filling on one half, leaving a border area. Brush edges lightly with beaten egg.
- Fold over the other half of the pastry, either in a triangular form or to give an oblong turnover. Press edges together and knock up to seal. Brush top with beaten egg and make a small steam hole in top. Repeat with remaining filling and pastry. Bake for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden brown. Serve as a plated item with vegetables and salad or as a hand held snack.