Watercress, Blue Cheese and Egg Jalousie
25 minutes bake time
Try this delicious recipe for watercress, blue cheese and egg jalousie – made with Jus-Rol’s ready rolled puff pastry sheets, seasoned with nutmeg.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry Sheet
- 85g Watercress, main stalks removed & lightly chopped
- 3 Eggs, hard boiled, shelled and chopped
- 100g Blue cheese
- 3 tbsp Crème fraiche
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- Egg, beaten to glaze
- Baking Sheet
- Baking paper
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC for fan assisted ovens)/ Gas M 7.
- Combine the chopped watercress with the cheesse and the eggs then season lightly with nutmeg.
- Unroll one pastry sheet and place on a lined baking sheet. Place the watercress mixture on pastry in an even layer leaving a border of approx. 1.25cm/½” all round.
- Unroll the second pastry sheet and fold in half down its length and using a sharp knife make cuts down the folded side, towards the opposite side leaving a border of 5cm around the edge.
- Brush base pastry border with beaten egg, open out second pastry sheet and lay over base, press edges together. Brush top with beaten egg and bake for 20 -25 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Try adding some poppy seeds to the top.