How to Make Filo Pastry Cigars
This example uses leek and parma ham to demonstrate how to make filo cigars
- Cut one filo sheet into three equal strips down its length.
- Stack the strips on top of each other.
- Cut the strips into 5 equal squares and re stack and cover whilst you prepare the leeks.
- Wrap a leek strip in a piece of parma ham.
- Lightly brush one square of filo.
- Lay the wrapped leek diagonally across one corner of the pastry.
- Roll up the leek in the pastry.
- Place on baking sheet, brush again with butter and repeat with remaining pastry and leeks.