Skip to content
- Have ready the cooled filling of your choice in an ovenproof dish. Lightly brush the first sheet of filo pastry with butter or oil.
- Using your fingers gently tear off a strip from the filo, starting at one end of the sheet.
- Tear all the way down, it does not matter if the end shape is uneven.
- Arrange pastry strip on filling in dish so that it drops in folds with no particular form.
- Continue with further strips, using a second sheet of pastry if necessary.
- Once entire filling is covered lightly dot with melted butter prior to baking.