Almond and Brandy Individual Pithiviers
20 minutes bake time
These Almond and Brandy Individual Pithiviers are great for nights in with friends and family. Made with Jus-Rol puff pastry.
- 20 Jus-Rol™ 152mm Puff Pastry Rounds, thawed
- 100 g butter
- 200 g Caster sugar
- 200 g Ground almonds
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 4 Eating apples, peeled, cored and sliced. Caramelised in a little butter, sugar and lemon juice
- Beaten egg to glaze
- Icing sugar to glaze
- Round Pastry Cutter
- Parchment Paper
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7
- Combine butter, sugar, almonds and brandy to a spreadable paste.
- Place 10 pastry rounds on a flat surface, divide almond mixture between them and spread over pastry, leaving a ½ ” border all round.
- Top with 3-4 apple slices each and then make crescent shaped cuts in the remaining pastry rounds, radiating out from centre.
- Brush pastry borders with beaten egg. Top with pastry rounds and press edges together firmly to seal. Knock up edges and flute before brushing with egg wash.
- Bake in oven for 15 – 20 minutes until risen and golden.
- Dredge tops with icing sugar and if desired caramelise under a hot grill or with a blow torch.