Baked Eccles Apple
38 minutes bake time
Try this delicious baked eccles apples recipe for a tasty sweet treat. Made with Jus-Rol puff pastry rounds. Serve up with coulis and ice cream.
- 8 Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry Rounds
- 4 sweet apples (Cox’s or Russet) peeled and cored
- 50 g soft dark brown sugar
- 50 g Sultanas
- 50 g butter
- 1 beaten egg (for egg wash)
- 4 ice cream balls
- Icing sugar
- Raspberry coulis
- Baking tray
- Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 3.
- Defrost the Jus-Rol Puff Pastry Rounds and roll out 4 of them so that they are approximately 5cm larger in diameter. Score the tops of the larger pastry rounds with opposing curves, crossing over the centre.
- Peel the apples and remove the core. Mix the butter, sugar and sultanas and set aside. In the centre of the smaller pastry rounds place an apple and fill each with the sultana mixture.
- Place the larger pastry tops over the apple and crimp the two pieces together with a pinch and a 180° twist, moving around the circle. Brush with egg yolk and bake for 18 minutes in the oven until golden, then turn oven down to 160°C and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- To serve, draw a zigzag of coulis on the plate, sprinkle the pastry with icing sugar and arrange on the plate with the ice cream.