12 minutes bake time
Try this sweet and simply banana tarts recipe for a delicious treat. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry, finish with a swirl of cream and dust with cocoa.
- 1.5 kg Jus-Rol™ shortcrust pastry
- 75 g instant custard powder
- 10 g cocoa powder
- 350 ml boiling water
- 5 medium bananas
- 1 sachet Dream/Cream Topping
- 150 ml milk
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Baking tray
- Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C for fan assisted)/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Halve the pastry, roll out to a thickness of 3mm and rest for 5 minutes. Using a 10cm fluted cutter, cut circles of pastry and transfer to non-stick baking sheets. Prick the bases and bake in the oven for 12 minutes until golden brown. Then cool on a rack.
- To make the chocolate custard, mix the custard powder with the cocoa powder, pour on the boiling water and whisk until smooth. Allow to cool completely (refrigerate if time allows).
- To finish, whip up the cream topping with the milk and transfer to a piping bag fitted with nozzle.
- When cool, spread each pastry round with a teaspoon of cold chocolate custard. Slice the bananas and place three slices on each portion. Finish with a swirl of cream and dust with cocoa powder.