Beef & Sweet Potato Pie with Roasted Peppers & Rose Harissa
35 minutes bake time
Find out how to make a Beef & Sweet Potato Pie with roasted peppers & Rose Harissa pie – made with Jus Rol’s puff pastry. Celebrate 2018 National Pie week with a pie recipe with a difference!
- 1x Jus-Rol Puff Pastry Sheet
- 500g beef braising steak
- 1 small jar rose harissa, available from all supermarkets
- 200g Ready Roasted Red Peppers
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 large white onion
- ½ bunch of thyme
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ bunch of parsley
- 2 pints beef stock
- Large saucepan
- frying pan or wok
- Mixing bowl
- Pie Dish
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (fan), 200ºC (conventional), or gas mark 6. Dust the beef in flour and seal in a hot pan until browned on all sides.
- Place the beef in the sauce pan, season with salt and pepper and mix with harissa paste. Add the garlic, thyme and beef stock, cover with a lid and place on a gentle simmer for about 1 1⁄2 hours or until the meat breaks apart nicely.
- Meanwhile, finely chop your onion and sweat off in oil and butter on a low heat until cooked (approx. 5-6 mins).
- When the beef is tender, remove from the pan and place in a mixing bowl. Remove the thyme from the stock and reduce the stock by 3/4.
- Dice the sweet potato into 1cm chunks and gently boil until just cooked.
- Add the onions and garlic, sliced red pepper, sweet potato, chopped parsley, and reduced stock to the beef. Stir together and adjust seasoning.
- Place mix into a pie dish, cover with Jus-Rol puff pastry sheet and glaze with an egg before baking in a preheated oven for 30-35 mins.