Broccoli, Cheese & Onion Puff Slice
18 minutes bake time
This is a great twist to cauliflower cheese, using broccoli, onions and cheese all popped onto a puff pastry sheet, baked in minutes – delicious comfort food!
- Jus-Rol, Puff Pastry Sheet
- 25g Butter
- 1 Onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 Medium sized head broccoli, broken into florets
- 2-3 tbsp Wholegrain mustard
- 100g Cheddar cheese or other cheese of your choice
- 1 Egg, beaten to glaze
- Baking Tin
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 200°C for fan assisted/ Gas M. 7
- Melt the butter in a pan and gently sauté the onions until just tender then allow to cool.
- Meanwhile blanch the broccoli by cooking in a pan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes, then drain and run under cold water to cool. Drain well.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and place on a lined baking sheet, spread with mustard leaving a good 2cm border all round. Scatter over the onions, broccoli and grated cheese, still leaving border.
- Brush edges with beaten egg and bake for 15 – 18 minutes until pastry is risen and golden and cheese melted. Serve hot.