Bursting Berry Fruit Pie
50 minutes bake time
Flavourful berries in a sweet treat for any occasion. This dish is sure to be a hit at the dinner table!
- 1 x 375g roll Jus-Rol Shortcrust Pastry
- 125g softened unsalted butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract.
- 125 g ground almonds
- 3 medium eggs
- 400g redcurrants, stalks removed
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven) Gas Mark 4.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until large enough to line a 22-23cm round deep loose-bottomed tart tin. Line the pastry with foil or greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and cook for 5 minutes more until the pastry is sandy and golden. Set aside.
- Whisk the butter and sugar until pale, add the almond extract, ground almonds and whisk in the eggs, one at a time.
- Spoon the almond mixture into the tart base, then sprinkle the redcurrants on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the top is lightly golden and the filling has set.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack.
- Delicious served warm or cold!
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and remove from the packaging approximately 10 minutes before you are ready to use it, as it will be easier to work with.
- This tart is delicious served warm or cold.
- Don’t worry if the redcurrants sink during the cooking process. When you cut into the pie it will be bursting with delicious red berries!