Butternut Squash, Red Chard & Goats Cheese Slices
20 minutes bake time
Try this delicious butternut squash, red chard and goat’s cheese slices recipe for a flavour filled starter or snack. Made with Jus-Rol puff pastry.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry Sheet
- 2 Egg Yolks beaten
- 500 g Butternut squash peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp. Rapeseed Oil
- Sea Salt & Pepper Mill
- 500 g goats cheese
- 200 g Red onion sliced
- 200 g Red Chard
- Baking Tin
- Pastry Brush
- Parchment Paper
- Place the Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out 8 12 x 6 cm rectangles, brush over the beaten egg yolks and place on a baking sheet.
- Place the butternut squash in the roasting tray with the oil and season.
- Roast in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Break the goats cheese into pieces and place on the pastry together with the roasted butternut squash, red onion and half the red chard.
- Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the remaining chard.
- Serve warm.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil before serving to increase moisture
- Use red onion confit in place of red onion