Chocolate & Hazelnut Star Flowers
14 minutes bake time
Bring an extra twinkle to breakfast by serving up these chocolate stuffed star flowers!
- 1 x 275g pack Jus-Rol™ Pains Au Chocolat
- 15g unsalted butter, softened
- 15g ground hazelnuts
- 15g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Plain flour, for dusting
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Chopping board
- Small bowl
- Measuring teaspoon
- Pastry brush
- Wire rack
- Preheat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, gas 6 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Remove the chocolate from the pack and finely chop. Place in a small bowl and add the butter, sugar, hazelnuts and 2 teaspoons of the beaten egg. Stir until combined and chill for 15 minutes.
- Unroll the pain au chocolate dough and separate into 6, along the perforated lines. Place the dough rectangles onto a lightly floured work surface.
- Place a teaspoon of the chocolate mixture in the centre of each rectangle and pinch the edges together enclosing the mixture. Shape into a circle by pinching and folding the pastry underneath then gently flatten. Cut 6 ‘petals’ into each dough circle, turning slightly upwards as you cut them.
- Place each star flower onto the baking tray and brush with beaten egg. Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
- Use an alternative nut to suit your own tastes. Peanuts would work well as would cashew, pecans or almonds.
- These are best eaten warm from the oven but they can also be frozen. Allow to cool completely then pack into freezer bags. Once defrosted, reheat in a hot oven for 5-8 minutes.