Cinnamon Apple Buns
15 minutes bake time
Serve these fruit-filled cinnamon buns warm from the oven for a perfect mid-morning or afternoon treat.
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 50g semi-dried apple slices, finely chopped
- 35g raisins
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 can Jus-Rol™ Cinnamon Swirls
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 12-hole muffin tin
- Wire rack
- Small bowl
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens), Gas Mark 6. Grease 6 holes of a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Mix the chopped apple, raisins and lemon juice in a bowl and set aside. Open the can and twist to remove the dough. Cut the rolled dough into 12 equal slices.
- Press 1 slice into the base of each greased muffin tin hole. Using your fingers gently flatten and ease each slice halfway up the side of the hole. Spoon the apple mixture into each hole, pressing down gently. Top each one with another slice of dough, pressing down around the edges. Sprinkle over the caster sugar.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cool for 2-3 minutes, then remove from the tin and transfer to a wire rack. Empty the pot of icing sugar from the can into a small bowl and add 1-1½ teaspoons of water, stirring well to separate any sugar lumps and to form a smooth icing. Drizzle or pipe the icing over the warm buns. Serve immediately.
- Replace the chopped apple with chopped ready-to-eat dried apricots or figs, if you like, or try finely diced fresh apple or pear instead.
- These are best eaten fresh from the oven, but they will keep in an airtight container for 1 day. Reheat at 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens), Gas Mark 6 for 5-10 minutes before serving.