Crab-Shaped Raspberry Croissants
15 minutes bake time
Entertain your mini creative-cooks in the kitchen with these fun and tasty croissants filled with raspberry jam, decorated like a crab. A great brunch option for weekends or holidays, sure to please the whole family!
- 1 can Jus-Rol™ Croissants
- 6tsp Raspberry jam
- Beaten egg to glaze
- 6 Strawberries
- 12 Red Grapes
- 12 Slices of Banana
- 12 blueberries
- Baking Sheet
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat the oven to 180c/160 fan assisted ovens/gas mark 4. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Open the croissant can and unroll the dough. Separate the dough into 6 triangles according to packet instructions.
- Spoon 1 tsp of raspberry jam onto the shortest edge of each croissant triangle, leaving an approx 1cm border clear. Roll up the triangles from the shortest edge, over the filling, to make croissants. Place on the baking sheet and brush with beaten egg. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and risen.
- Whilst the croissants are in the oven prepare the fruit decoration. Cut a V shape out of the pointed end of the strawberries to create the crab’s lips and cut a V shape out of the red grapes to create the crab’s claws.
- Once the croissants are out of the oven use cocktail sticks to create the crab’s face. Attach the grapes to each end of the croissant and the strawberry to in the centre of the croissant. Using a cocktail stick attach one blueberry to a slice of banana and skewer through the croissant just above the strawberry to create eyes.