Croissant Mummy Dogs
Costumes, candy, and mummy hot dogs—that’s what Halloween is all about! Have your little ghouls and goblins help prep dinner by wrapping the Croissant dough strips around hot dogs. They’ll love seeing these simple-yet-spooky mummies bake into cheesy, mummy pigs-in-a-blanket to eat before their Halloween festivities!
- 1 can Jus-Rol™ Croissants
- 3 slices American cheese
- 12 Frankfurter hot dogs
- Mustard or ketchup, if desired
- Pizza Cutter
- Baking Paper
- Baking Tray
- Cooling Rack
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 6.Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Unroll dough; separate at perforations, creating 3 rectangles. Press perforations to seal.
- With knife or pizza cutter, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 12 pieces, making a total of 36 pieces of dough. Slice cheese slices into quarters (1/2 slice cheese, cut in half).
- Wrap 3 pieces of dough around each hot dog and 1/4 slice of cheese to look like “bandages,” stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate “bandages” so hot dog shows through for “face.” Place on the baking sheet (cheese side down).
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot. With mustard, draw features on “face.”
- Variation: Try a mini version with cocktail sausages.