Curried Quorn Pasties
25 minutes bake time
Try this delicious curried Quorn vegetarian pasty recipe for a tasty lunch or dinner option. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry, serve up with coleslaw.
- 1.5kg Jus-Rol™ shortcrust pastry
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 4tbsp Vegetable oil
- 300g potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 350g minced Quorn
- 175g diced frozen carrots thawed
- 4tbsp mild curry paste
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 175g frozen peas, thawed
- 4tbsp mango chutney
- 1 egg, beaten
- Rolling Pin
- Pastry Brush
- Large pan
- In a large pan, gently cook the onions and potatoes in the oil for 5-8 minutes, until the onions are soft and begin to brown. Add the Quorn and carrots, then the curry paste and stir over the heat until the paste is evenly distributed. Add stock and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the stock has almost been absorbed. Stir in the peas and chutney and leave to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C for fan assisted)/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Cut the pastry into four and roll out each portion into a rectangle about 25x35cm, rest for 5 minutes. Trim the edges straight if necessary, then cut each into 6 squares approximately 11cm. Place a heaped tablespoonful of the filling in the middle of each square. Brush the edges with a little egg glaze, then bring the opposite corners together to make triangle shapes and press the edges together with fingers, pinch or crimp if preferred. Transfer to a non-stick baking tray and brush the pastry with egg glaze.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.