Little Sticky Date and Walnut Tarts
15 minutes bake time
Try this delicious little sticky date and walnut tarts recipe for a tasty treat. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry and ready in just 20 minutes.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ shortcrust pastry block
- 2 eggs
- 125g muscavado sugar
- 2 oranges juiced & grated rinds
- 100g walnuts roughly chopped
- 6-8 fresh dates stones removed & roughly chopped
- Orange zest to serve – optional
- Rolling Pin
- Tart Tin
- Mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180 ºC for fan assisted ovens) 400ºF / Gas M 6.
- Roll out pastry and cut out 24 discs to line a tart tin mould.
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, juice and rind. Stir in the walnuts and dates, and then divide between the pastry cases.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until pastry golden and filling set.
- Dust with some orange zest if desired and serve warm or cold.