Little Sticky Date and Walnut Tarts
These are absolutely delicious as a teatime treat, for dessert or round the bonfire.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ shortcrust pastry block
- 2 eggs
- 125g muscavado sugar
- 2 oranges juiced & grated rinds
- 100g walnuts roughly chopped
- 6-8 fresh dates stones removed & roughly chopped
- Orange zest to serve - optional
- Rolling Pin
- Tart Tin
- Mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180 ºC for fan assisted ovens) 400ºF / Gas M 6.
- Roll out pastry and cut out 24 discs to line a tart tin mould
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, juice and rind. Stir in the walnuts and dates, and then divide between the pastry cases.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until pastry golden and filling set.
- Dust with some orange zest if desired and serve warm or cold