Fajita Chicken Puff Pastry Sundial
22 minutes bake time
Taking a truly great dish and adding puff pastry to it, what is not to love about this Chicken Fajita Puff Pastry recipe from Jus-Rol
- 75g onion, diced (about ½ an onion)
- 125g mixed peppers, diced (about ⅓ of a red, a green and a yellow pepper)
- 150g cooked shredded chicken
- 500g Jus Rol™ Puff Pastry Block
- Sprinkle of flour
- 12tbsp fajita spice mix
- 150g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- Frying pan
- Rolling Pin
- Baking tray
- Pastry Brush
- Fry the onions and mixed peppers until the onions are translucent.
- Add the precooked shredded chicken.
- Stir in the fajita spice mix and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Dust a clean work surface with a sprinkling of flour, cut the pastry block in half and reserve one half for later.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the pastry to a thickness of 5mm.
- Place a large plate or circular template on top of the pastry and tear around the edges to create a clean circle. Repeat with the reserved pastry.
- Transfer one of pastry circles onto a baking tray and sprinkle with a layer of cheese.
- Once cooled, spread the chicken fajita mix evenly on top, leaving a 1cm border around the edge of the pastry.
- Cover with the second layer of pastry.
- Place an egg cup (or a shot glass) in the centre of the pastry and make 8 to10 even cuts all the way around the pastry.
- Brush on some beaten egg.
- Twist each segment twice to make it resemble a sun like shape.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes in the centre of the oven, until golden brown.
- Tear, share, and enjoy!
- To make shredded chicken, simply season and bake some chicken breasts, put it into a bowl and tear it up with 2 forks