Roasted Fennel with Parma Ham Puff Rounds
14 minutes bake time
Try this crispy roasted fennel with parma ham puff rounds recipe for a delicious lunch idea. Made with Jus-Rol puff pastry & garnish with fresh thyme
- 500g Jus-Rol™ Puff pastry block
- 1 large fennel or 2 smaller bulbs, cut into thin wedges
- 30ml olive oil
- 4tsp pesto
- 5 Parma ham slices
- Salt & black pepper
- Egg, beaten to glaze
- Baking Sheet
- Baking paper
- Sharp knife
- Rolling Pin
- Saucer for size guidance
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan assisted) 425ºF/Gas M7.
- Lay fennel wedges on a baking sheet, drizzle lightly with oil and roast for approx. 15 minutes until just tender, allow to cool.
- Cut pastry into 4 even quarters; roll out each to a disc approx 6”/ 15cm in diam. (use a saucer or small tea-plate as a guide to cut round using a sharp knife.
- Lay the pastry rounds on a lined baking sheet, spread the centres with either the pesto or onion marmalade, leaving a border all round. Top with the fennel wedges and Parma ham torn into pieces, season lightly and brush borders with egg glaze.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes until pastry risen and golden.
- Garnish with fresh thyme before serving.