15 minutes bake time
Fun shapes for every age! Sweet treats made wit Jus-Rol ready rolled puff pastry sheet with raspberry jam.
- 1 x 320 g pack Jus-Rol, Ready rolled puff pastry
- Raspberry jam
- Strawberry laces (sweets)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C (fan)/Gas 6
- Unroll the pastry sheet and using a sharp knife cut strips of pastry from the shorter side, approximately 1 ½ cm wide.
- Cut approximately 4cm off the end of the strip and spread ½ teaspoon of jam over the remaining length.
- Roll up the longer piece of pastry to form the snail’s shell, put a small blob of jam in the middle of the shorter piece and sit the pastry shell on top, making sure it is secure.
- Repeat the process, place the snails on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the pastry is risen and golden.
- Allow to cool before decorating with strawberry laces.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and remove from the packaging approximately 10 minutes before you are ready to use it, as it will be easier to work with.
- To ensure that the body and shell don’t separate during baking, you can insert a cocktail stick through the top of the shell, all the way through to the base.
- Don’t use too much jam as it will ooze out during baking and make a sticky mess.
- You could make savoury snails with pesto and a little grated cheese!