Kay’s Ricotta Citrus Purses
15 minutes bake time
Delicious ricotta cheese with the zesty twist of citrus and the goodness of almonds.
- 1 x 270g Jus-Rol Filo Pastry sheets
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 50g ground almonds
- 2 tsps caster sugar
- 25g citrus peel, chopped
- 1 orange, zest
- 100g butter, melted
- Icing sugar, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C in a fan oven) Gas mark 4
- Place the ricotta cheese, ground almonds, sugar, peel and zest in a bowl and mix well.
- Place 7 sheets of filo on a board and cut into 2 rectangles, 40cm by 20cm. Cut in half along the width to create 2 x 20cm squares. Cover with a damp tea towel to prevent the filo from drying out.
- Lay a filo square on a board and brush with melted butter, lay the second sheet on top and brush with melted butter. Repeat the process with the remaining pastry.
- Divide the filling into 7 and place the portion in the middle of the pastry. Draw the corners into the middle with the sides to form a purse and squeeze together to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining purses, place on a baking tray, brush with any remaining butter and place in the oven for 15 minutes, until golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool, dust with icing sugar and serve.
- These tasty citrus purses make a delicious alternative to mince pies as a festive treat!
- Swap the citrus peel for 25g of chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips for a delicious alternative!