Mince Pies with Almond & Morello Cherries
15 minutes bake time
Try this delicious mince pie recipe with cherries and almond for a tasty treat. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry and ready in just 45 minutes.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ shortcrust pastry block
- 50g marzipan
- 1 jar mincemeat
- A few Morello cherries,drained
- Water for brushing
- A little caster sugar for sprinkling
- Rolling Pin
- 7cm cookie cutter
- 12 Bun Tin
- Cookie cutter of any shape
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C for fan assisted/ Gas M. 6.
- Roll out the pastry and cut out 15 discs and use to line bun tin. Put remaining pastry to one side.
- Break off a piece of marzipan the size of a walnut and place in one half of each pastry case, then add a teaspoonful of mincemeat alongside. Finally place 1-2 cherries on top.
- Cut the lids with a cutter of your choice and lightly brush the underside of the lids with water and place firmly of top of the tarts.
- Lightly brush pastry tops with water and sprinkle lightly with caster sugar, then bake for 12 – 15 minutes until pastry is golden.
- Serve warm or cold, sprinkled with more sugar or icing sugar if preferred.