Mini Bacon & Egg Pies
30 minutes bake time
These mini bacon & egg pies make perfect treats for a delicious picnic treat. If the weather isn’t good, they can be served warm indoors.
- 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon, snipped into small strips
- 3 spring onions, greens and whites separated, both thinly sliced
- 2tsp sunflower oil
- 1 x 320g pack Jus-Rol Puff Pastry Sheet
- 1 heaped tbsp chopped parsley
- 1tsp English mustard
- 10 medium eggs
- Baking tray
- Frying pan
- Muffin Tin
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven) Gas Mark 6 with a flat baking tray on the middle shelf. Put the bacon strips into a cold, non-stick, frying pan, then fry until golden. Stir in the spring onion whites for 1 minute, then tip into a bowl and leave to cool while you prep the tin.
- Use the oil to lightly grease 8 holes of a large muffin tin (not a silicone one). Unroll the pastry and cut into 8 squares. Press a pastry square into each muffin hole to line, leaving the corners poking out over the top.
- Add most of the parsley, the mustard, 2 eggs and some salt and pepper into the bacon mixture with the spring onion greens. Use a fork to beat everything together, then divide the mixture between the tarts.
- Carefully crack a whole egg into each tart and sprinkle with the last of the parsley. Sit on the pre-heated baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes until the pastry is golden and egg firm. Lift the pies out with the help of a cutlery knife and enjoy warm or cold – with a dollop of red or brown sauce.