Mini Chicken, Leek & Mushroom No Dish Pies
12 Mini Pies
20 minutes bake time
Find out how to make mini chicken, leek and mushroom no dish pies with this easy recipe – made with Jus-Rol’s ready rolled shortcrust pastry sheets.
- 4 Jus-Rol, Shortcrust pastry ready rolled sheet
- 6 leeks, Halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 150g butter
- 900g chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, halved and sliced
- 375ml white wine
- 150ml crème fraiche
- 4 Fresh sprigs of thyme , plus extra for serving
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Handful sesame seeds
- Large frying pan
- Frying pan
- Slotted Spoon
- Baking Sheet
- Baking paper
- In a large frying pan sauté the leeks in butter until just tender, remove with a slotted spoon, add the chicken and cook until sealed on all sides. Add mushrooms and continue cooking for a further 4 -5 minutes.
- Stir in wine and bubble over a medium heat until the liquid is reduced to a third, remove from the heat and stir in leeks, crème fraiche, a few thyme leaves and seasonings. Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180º for fan assisted ovens)/ 400ºF/ Gas Mark 6.
- Take the pastry sheets and cut 12 x 16cm discs and 12 x 11cm discs and lay the large pastry discs on a lined baking sheet. Divide the cooled chicken mixture between them, spreading into an even layer, leaving a border round the edge of each approx. 2cm.
- Brush the borders with beaten egg, and lay the smaller pastry discs over the filling.
- Bring up the pastry borders and pinch into the top pastry to form a seal, brush again with beaten egg glaze. Make two small steam holes in the top of each pie and bake for 18 – 20 minutes until pastry golden brown. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and a little thyme and serve.