Mini Star Topped Mince Pies
15 minutes bake time
Try this delicious mini star topped mince pies recipe for a tasty treat. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry and ready in 30 minutes.
- 2 x 320g packs Jus-Rol™ Ready Rolled Shortcrust Pastry
- 411g jar mincemeat
- Caster sugar for sprinkling
- Icing sugar to sprinkle (optional)
- 12 Hole Tart Tin
- 12 hole muffin tin
- Rolling Pin
- 8cm round cookie cutter
- Star shaped cookie cutter
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan) Take the pastry out of the packaging 10-15 minutes before you are ready to use it.
- Roll out pastry and using the round cookie cutter to cut out 12 cases and line the base of the tin. Use remaining pastry to cut out 12 stars for the lids and set aside.
- (You may find that you are able to cut 10 cases out of the 1 st sheet, simply re-roll the off cuts to make 12.)
- Fill each case with 2 teaspoons of mincemeat, lightly moisten undersides of stars with water and use to top tarts.
- Brush with water, sprinkle with sugar and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with a little more sugar; allow to stand in the tin for 2-3 minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once completely cool, these tasty festive treats can be put in an airtight container and frozen for up to a month. Simply defrost at room temperature for an hour. To serve warm, just pop in the oven for 3-4 minutes at 180C! Perfect for those unexpected visitors over the festive season!