Parmesan & Pesto Pinwheels
15 minutes bake time
Our Parmesan & Pesto Pinwheels are the perfect option for a summer picnic! Discover more picnic food ideas made with delicious Jus-Rol pastry.
- 1 x 320g pack Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry rolled sheets
- Plain flour for dusting
- 2 tablespoons of green (or red) pesto
- 6 tablespoons of parmesan, grated (approx 10g)
- Milk for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160ºC fan assisted oven). Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Lightly dust a clean surface with a little flour and unroll the pastry sheet.
- Making sure the longest side is at the bottom, spread over the pesto leaving a gap of about 1cm around each side of the pasty.
- Sprinkle over 4 tbsps parmesan and then tightly roll up the pastry into a long sausage shape sealing the top edge with a little milk to hold together.
- Slice with a sharp knife the sausage into about 25 1cm thick pinwheels. Pop them onto the baking tray pushing them down a little, sprinkle with the other 2 tbsps of the Parmesan.
- Chill for 10 minutes (if you have time) if not just go for it and bake.
- Bake the pinwheels for 15 minutes or until lovely and golden and crispy.
- Serve at your picnic with all your other bits!
- Feel free to mix up the pesto, or add in some other pastes, sundried tomato works well, chopped up olives, ham slices.