Pear & Ginger Marmalade Puff Tart
20 minutes bake time
Try this delicious pear and ginger marmalade puff tart recipe for a tasty treat. Made with Jus-Rol puff pastry and ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Puff pastry block
- 2-3 tbsp ginger preserve
- 2 ripe pears
- 1 orange – juice and rind
- 1 beaten egg to glaze
- Rolling Pin
- Sharp knife
- Baking Sheet
- Baking paper
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 200°C for fan assisted/ Gas M. 7.
- Roll out pastry large enough to cut out a 23cm disc using a sharp knife. Place pastry on a lined baking sheet and spread centre with 2-3 tbsp. of the ginger preserve, leaving 2cm border all round.
- Halve and remove cores from the pears then slice each half into medium thickness slices. Toss the pear slices in the juice of the orange and arrange on the pastry disc – overlapping the slices to form a circle.
- Brush pastry border with beaten egg and bake for 18 – 20 minutes until pastry is risen and golden. Scatter with orange rind before serving.
- For an extra touch, mix remaining orange juice with a further tablespoon of ginger preserve, heat gently until melted and then brush over pear slices once removed from the oven.