Plum & Almond Tart
25 minutes bake time
Try this delicious plum and almond tart recipe for a tasty treat. Made with Jus-Rol sweet shortcrust pastry, juicy plums and ground almonds.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Frozen Shortcrust Pastry Block
- flour, for rolling
- 15g butter melted
- 2tbsp ground almonds
- 15 plums stone removed and cut into quarters
- 50g Caster sugar
- 1-2 stem ginger finely chopped
- 50g Almond flakes tbc
- 35xm x 10cm fluted tart tin
- Pastry Brush
- Rolling Pin
- Wire rack
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 6.
- Unroll the pastry onto a lightly floured work surface. Brush the fluted tart tin with melted butter and line with the pastry by pushing the pastry in at the edges and gently pricking the base. Trim the pastry using the rolling pin. Sprinkle the base with ground almonds.
- Place plums into a bowl and toss with the caster sugar. Tip in to the tart tin and add the chopped stem ginger. Put in the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with almonds and return to oven for 5 minutes then allow to cool in the tin on a wire rack.