Plum and Blackberry Rustic Tart
This lovely combination of fruits makes a change from apple and blackberry and is formed on a baking tray so no need for a special dish.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ All Butter Sweet Shortcrust Pastry Sheet
- 1 egg white - beaten
- 454g plums, halved, stones removed and cut each half into 2-3 slices
- 150g blackberries, washed and drained
- 75g Demerara sugar
- Baking Sheet
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C for fan assisted/ Gas M. 6
- Unroll the pastry sheet and transfer onto baking sheet, lightly brush all over with beaten egg white. Scatter the plums and blackberries evenly over the pastry leaving a 2cm border.
- Bring up border of the pastry to form a wall, pinching it together to keep it standing up. Sprinkle half the sugar over the fruit and brush the sides of the pastry with the egg white.
- Bake for 20 minutes until pastry is golden and the fruit cooked, scatter remaining sugar over hot tart. Serve warm.