40 minutes bake time
Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry topped with freshly cut plums. Perfect at your dessert table!
- 1 x 320g Jus-Rol Shortcrust pastry sheet
- 75g ground almonds
- 50g Demerara sugar
- 500g plums, cut into 6th’s, stones removed
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C for fan assisted/ Gas 6
- Unroll the pastry sheet and line a tart tin, approximately 20cm in diameter.
- Line the pastry with foil or greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 180C (160C fan), Gas 5.
- Scatter the ground almonds over base of pastry tart case. Place the sliced plums in a freezer bag with the sugar and shake well to coat.
- Arrange the plums in a circular pattern in tart case, starting from the outside and working your way to the middle. The skin should be facing upwards.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the plums have softened.
- Allow to stand in the tin for 15 minutes before carefully transferring to a serving plate.
- Serve warm or cold with a generous dollop of crème fraiche.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and remove from the packaging approximately 10 minutes before you are ready to use it, as it will be easier to work with.
- Delicious eaten hot, or cold!
- The ground almonds will soak up some of the delicious plum juices which will help keep the pastry base crisp – no-one wants a ‘soggy bottom’!
- For an impressive finish, you can heat up some fruit jam, pass it through a sieve, add a little boiling water so it isn’t too thick and then carefully brush the glossy syrup over the plums!
- Par-baking the pastry case helps to give it a lovely crisp base!