Pork, Apple & Creamy Mustard Pie
20 minutes bake time
Find out how to make a pork, apple and creamy mustard pie with this recipe – made with Jus-Rol’s all butter shortcrust pastry and wholegrain mustard.
- 500g Jus-Rol™ All butter shortcrust pastry thawed
- 2 large onions
- 25g butter
- 1tbsp oil
- 500g pork tenderloin cut into medium cubes
- 500g cooking apples peeled, cored & cut into chunks
- 500ml medium cider -plus a little more if necessary or use water
- 2tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1tbsp flour
- A good bunch of fresh sage leaves
- Large pan
- Slotted Spoon
- 4x 12cm pie dishes
- Rolling Pin
- Heat butter and oil in a large pan and sauté the onions until just transparent.
- Add the apples to the pan with the chopped sage and continue cooking, stirring all the while, for a further 5-8 minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and then add the pork to the pan and brown quickly on all sides.
- Stir in the flour and then add the cider, bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
- Return the apple mixture to the pan along with the mustard and simmer, covered for 20 minutes until pork is tender Allow to cool.
- Heat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan assisted oven)/400ºF/Gas 6.
- Place cooled filling in 4 individual pie dishes. Roll out pastry and use to top pie dish – see shortcrust pastry pie lids step by step.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes until pastry is golden brown. If necessary add a little more cider or water at point 4 to give a good, moist sauce to fill.