Puff Pastry Apple Roses
8 servings (Makes 8 roses)
30 minutes bake time
Try these beautiful Puff Pastry Apple Roses to impress someone special this Valentine’s Day.
- 2-3 large apples
- 100g Unsalted Butter, melted
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 2 heaped tbsp cinnamon
- 4 heaped tbsp of caster sugar
- 2 x sheets of Chilled Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry Sheets (320g each)
- Creme fraiche to serve
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Pastry brush
- 2 x deep 6 hole muffin trays
- Preheat the oven to 160°C Fan/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Half the apple down the middle, then lay each half onto the board, cut side down, trim the ends then finely slice (about 3-4mm). Making sure you remove the core and seeds. Lay all the slices onto a plate and microwave for 2-3 minutes on high to soften them. Leave to cool. Mix the caster sugar and cinnamon in a little bowl.
- Unroll the pastry sheets onto a flour dusted surface then cut each into 4 strips (8 strips total). Brush the strips with the melted butter, then sprinkle over some of the cinnamon caster sugar mix.
- Now with your cooled apple slices place them along the pastry strip half way up (in the middle of the strip, uncut edges poking out the top so it creates that lovely rose shape). Also so you can fold the pastry strip up over the apple a little, before rolling it up fully to bake.
- Grease a muffin mould with butter and cinnamon sugar for later.
- Roll up the strips carefully from one end to the other, it will create a lovely rose style pastry.
- Pop them into the greased muffin moulds (or greased ramekins if you don’t have muffin moulds) and brush with a little more butter, cinnamon sugar then bake in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked and golden.
- Remove from the tray when still warm then leave to cool completely, dusting with a little more cinnamon sugar to finish.