Rhubarb & Vanilla Mille Feuille
20 minutes bake time
Try this tasty rhubarb and vanilla mille feuille recipe for a delicious dessert option. Made with Jus-Rol puff pastry and garnished with a vanilla pod.
- 375g from a Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry Sheet
- 100ml whipped fresh cream
- 250g fresh rhubarb
- 1 fresh vanilla pod, deseeded
- 20g castor sugar
- 1 egg
- Icing sugar for dusting
- 5 small sprigs of baby basil
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6.
- Peel and cut rhubarb to desired length and place into a pan with the sugar, vanilla seeds and a drop of water and warm on the stove.
- Poach for a few minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Cut the Jus-Rol Puff Pastry Sheet into 5 rectangles and score lines diagonally.
- Place on a heavy baking sheet and egg wash. On top of this, place another heavy baking sheet to avoid the pastry rising.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the pastry is golden brown and crisp to touch.
- Remove from the oven and cut in half lengthwise to form a base and top.
- Once cooled, dust the tops with icing sugar.
- Place a small drop of cream on the centre of the plate to stop the pastry from moving and place the pastry base on top of the cream.
- Pipe a line of cream on the pastry base and arrange the rhubarb over the cream. Place the lid on the rhubarb and garnish with a dried vanilla pod and a sprig of baby basil.