Roast Butternut Squash & Feta Tart
40 minutes bake time
Settle down to this deliciously wintry pastry dish with butternut squash & feta. Easy to make & perfect for a cosy night indoors, see the full recipe here!
- 1 small-medium butternut squash, about 600g
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 320g regular or Light Jus-Rol Puff Pastry Sheet
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 200g ricotta
- 25g pine nuts
- 3-4tbsp pesto
- ½ x 90g bag of rocket
- Sharp knife
- Baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan oven) Gas Mark 7. Peel the squash, then slice into 1.5cm-thick rounds and rings – removing the seeds as you go. Spread on a baking tray, drizzle over half the oil and some seasoning and bake for 18-25 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, unroll the pastry, leaving the pastry paper as parchment underneath. Score a 1cm border all around the edge. Prick all over the middle with a fork and bake for 15 minutes underneath the squash.
- Mash together the feta and ricotta with some freshly ground black pepper. Once the pastry and squash are done, press the pastry middle of the tart back down with a spatula. Spread the ricotta mixture over the pastry, keeping within the border, then arrange the roasted squash over the top and scatter with the pine nuts. Bake for a further 10-15 minutes until the pastry is golden and crisp.
- Serve immediately, or at room temperature, dotting over teaspoons of the pesto, then scattering over some rocket. Eat with the rest of the rocket leaves.