Roasted Pepper and Prawn Puff Rounds
14 minutes bake time
Find out how to make roasted pepper and tiger prawn puff rounds with this easy recipe – made with Jus-Rol’s puff pastry, they’re perfect for lunch.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Puff pastry block
- 2 peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 30ml olive oil, for drizzling
- 4tsp pesto
- 12-16 raw tiger prawns
- Egg, beaten to glaze
- 1 tbsp Fresh dill, to garnish
- Baking Sheet
- Sharp knife
- Rolling Pin
- Saucer for size guidance
- Baking paper
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan assisted) 425ºF/Gas M7.
- Lay pepper on a baking sheet, drizzle lightly with oil and roast for approx. 15 minutes until just tender. Allow to cool.
- Cut pastry into 4 even quarters, roll out each to a disc approx 6”/ 15cm in diam. ( use a saucer or small tea-plate as a guide to cut round using a sharp knife.
- Lay the pastry rounds on a lined baking sheet, spread centre with pesto, leaving a border all round. Top with roasted peppers and raw prawns, brush with beaten egg and bake for 12 -14 minutes until pastry golden and prawns pink and therefore cooked.
Garnish with dill and serve.
* Alternatively use ready roasted vegetables