Ross’s Roasted Revolution
40 minutes bake time
Roasted peppers in golden baked shortcrust pastry sheets. Made with Jus-Rol shortcrust pastry sheet this is a sure winner at your dinner table!
- 1 x 320g Jus-Rol Shortcrust pastry sheet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 medium courgette, sliced
- 100g pesto sauce
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C for fan assisted/ Gas 6
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan, add the peppers, onions and courgettes and cook over a medium/high heat for 6-8 minutes, until starting to colour. Set aside to cool.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and using a sharp knife, cut 2 strips, approximately 1cm wide from the longer side of the pastry and 3 strips from the shorter side and put to one side.
- Use the remaining pastry to line a shallow baking tin, approximately 18-20cm in diameter.
- Line the pastry with foil or greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and return to the oven for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 180C (fan 160C) Gas 5.
- Spoon the pesto sauce over the base of the pastry, top with the vegetables to form an even layer.
- Lay the pastry strips over the vegetables diagonally, (approx 3cm apart) making sure the ends are attached to the pastry in the tin. Once you have laid the strips in one direction, repeat the process, so the strips cross each other to form a lattice.
- Return the tart to the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the pastry lattice is cooked.
- Serve warm cut into squares.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and remove from the packaging approximately 10 minutes before you are ready to use it, as it will be easier to work with.
- Delicious eaten hot, or cold!
- Instead of using pesto, you could use a mixture of pesto and a good quality tomato pasta sauce.