Salmon with Ginger and Lime Tiny Filo Tartlets
12 minutes bake time
Try this delicious recipe for salmon filo tartlets with ginger and lime – made with Jus-Rol’s filo pastry sheets and ready in 20 minutes.
- 2 sheets Jus-Rol™ filo pastry
- Butter, melted for brushing
- 1 Salmon fillet, baked and broken into flakes
- 2.5cm Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Lime, zest from whole fruit and juice from half
- 1 small tub Crème fraiche
- 2tsp Wasabi paste (optional)
- Pastry Brush
- Mini Muffin Tins
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (160º for fan ovens) 350ºF, Gas M 4.
- Brush one whole sheet of filo lightly with melted butter, place a second sheet on top and brush again.
- Cut the double sheet into 32 equal squares and press each square into a mini muffin tin. Bake for 6-7 minutes until light golden brown. Repeat with remaining pastry.
- Place salmon in foil with chopped ginger and juice and juice of half the lime. Bake in oven for 12 minutes.
- Cool and then break fish into large flakes. Combine some crème fraiche with a little Wasabi paste (if desired) to taste, place a level teaspoonful in the base of a tartlet and top with a few flakes of salmon and a little lime zest. Continue with remaining ingredients and tartlets.