Makes 7 Servings
20 minutes bake time
Crunchy & filling, dinner is complete with Samosas paired with your choice of soup. Made with Jus-Rol filo pastry sheets this dish is just the right hint of crunch & spice!
- 1 x 270g Jus-Rol Filo Pastry sheets
- 100g butter, melted
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled (150g peeled weight)
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled (150g peeled weight)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 fat clove garlic, crushed
- 2-3 tsp curry powder (strength of your choice)
- 50g frozen peas defrosted
- Small bunch fresh coriander (optional)
- Yoghurt and fresh mint to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C in a fan oven) Gas mark 4.
- Cut the potatoes into 1cm chunks and the sweet potato into 1½ cm chunks, place in a pan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until the potatoes are just tender and drain.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a pan, gently sauté the garlic and onion, stir in the curry powder and cook for 3 minutes, remove from heat. Add potatoes, peas and coriander (if using), stir and set aside.
- Place a sheet of filo on a clean work surface, brush with melted butter and fold in half lengthways, so you have a long strip.
- Place a spoonful (approximately 1/7th) of the filling towards the end of the pastry strip nearest you, slightly on the left of the strip and just up from the bottom. Fold the bottom right hand corner up to cover the filling and make a triangular shape. Fold the triangle up, then fold to the right, fold up and then to the left, so you are keeping a triangular shape. Ensure the points are tucked in to prevent the filling from seeping out.
- Brush the completed parcel with melted butter and place on baking tray. Continue with the remaining filling and filo pastry.
- Bake the samosas for 15 – 20 minutes, until golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.
- Use up leftover Sunday vegetables and a generous kick of curry powder for a quick and easy meal solution!
- Samosas are a tasty alternative to a sandwich in a lunch box! Perfect picnic food!
- A crisp, tasty samosa is a delicious accompaniment to a bowl of hot soup - a complete meal!