Slightly Spicy Sausage Rolls
20 minutes bake time
Perfect for nibbles or as a starter, try this recipe for slightly spicy sausage rolls – made with Jus-Rol ready rolled puff pastry and wholegrain mustard.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Puff pastry ready rolled sheet chilled
- 6 sausages or 450g sausage meat- use a good quality sausage
- 50g chorizo diced
- 1tbsp chilli flakes or a good pinch of chilli powder
- 1-2tbsp fresh herbs of your choice, chopped
- 1 egg beaten to glaze
- Pastry Brush
- Baking Sheet
- Combine sausage meat, diced chorizo, chilli flakes and herbs in a bowl.
- Unroll the pastry sheet and cut in half down the length of the sheet.
- Divide the sausage mixture in half and lay each half in a long ‘roll’ just off centre down each pastry length.
- Brush the edges of the pastry lightly with egg wash & bring the sides up to meet over the filling. Pinch the edges firmly together to form a seal, knock up with a sharp knife if desired.
- With a sharp knife cut each roll into six equal pieces. Make two slits in one side of the rolls, to allow steam to escape.
- Brush the pastry with the remaining egg wash and bake for 18-20 minutes or until pastry risen and golden brown. Scatter with further chopped herbs and serve with the apple salsa.