Puff Pastry Spanish Cheese Straws
15 minutes bake time
Puff pastry cheese straws are a fantastic party snack, either on their own or with a delicious dip. Now, we’ve given them a Spanish twist to make them even tastier!
- 1 x 320g regular or Light JusRol Puff Pastry Sheet
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 75g Manchego, grated
- 1 egg, beaten with a fork
- ½ -1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- Rolling Pin
- Baking tray
- Unroll the pastry sheet with one of the longer sides facing you. Imagine the pastry is like a book and spread the cream cheese over one half, then scatter over the grated Manchego and sprinkle with some paprika. Fold the other half of the pastry on top to sandwich and use a rolling pin to lightly roll to stick. Cut the pastry sandwich into 12 thin strips – shorter, rather than longer ones.
- Twist each pastry strip and lay on the trays. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven) Gas Mark 6, then bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.