Sundried Tomato and Feta Tart
20 minutes bake time
Try this tasty sundried tomato & feta tart recipe for a delicious lunch or dinner. Made with Jus-Rol puff pastry, served with a sprinkling of basil leaves.
- 1 x 320 g pack Jus-Rol™ Ready rolled puff pastry
- 150 ml good quality tomato pasta sauce
- 150 g sundried tomatoes
- 100 g Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200 g feta cheese, broken into chunks
- 50 g black olives
- A small bunch fresh basil, leaves torn
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Medium free range egg, beaten
- Baking tray
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (180ºC fan assisted oven)/400ºF/Gas 6.
- Place the tomato pasta sauce in a blender with half the sundried tomatoes and blitz until smooth.
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet onto a lined baking tray. Spread the tomato mixture over the pastry, leaving a border of approx 1 1/2cm’s to allow the pastry to rise. Brush the pastry boarder with beaten egg.
- Cut the remaining sundried tomatoes into small pieces and scatter over the pastry with the feta cheese and olives.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden at the edges. Allow to stand for 2-3 minutes before serving with a generous sprinkling of fresh basil leaves.