Taleggio, Rosemary and Potato Wreath
25 minutes bake time
Crispy Jus-Rol puff pastry sheets with fuity cranberry sauce and potatoes & decadent taleggio cheese. Enjoy!
- 1 x 320 g pack Jus-Rol, Ready rolled puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons fruity cranberry sauce
- 200g new potatoes, cut into 1cm slices and boiled
- 150 g Taleggio cheese, sliced
- 1 egg beaten
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C (fan)/Gas 6
- Unroll the pastry sheet and cut out a circle, as large as possible. Lay the pastry on a baking sheet.
- Score a 6cm circle in the middle of the pastry (don’t cut all the way through). Using a sharp knife, cut the inner circle into 8 wedges, leaving the circle intact.
- Spread the cranberry sauce around the outer circle and top with the slices of potato and cheese.
- Bring one point of the centre star over the filling as well as bringing the outer edge of pastry inwards. Press the two together and continue until you have a wreath. You can use any off cuts of pastry to make pastry leaves to decorate.
- Brush with beaten egg, place in the oven and allow to bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, decorate with sprigs of fresh rosemary and serve.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and remove from the packaging approximately 10 minutes before you are ready to use it, as it will be easier to work with.
- If you can’t find Taleggio cheese, Port Salut works really well!
- This tasty show stopper is perfect for any festive buffet or dinner party.
- A lined pizza tray is a great way of baking the wreath as the holes in the tray ensure you get a lovely crisp base!