Toby’s Tropical Tarts
serves 4-6 (1 x 20cm tart)
minutes bake time
A tropical twist to your pizza with a dash of tradition. Try this puff pastry pizza made with our gluten free product today!
- 1 x 280g Jus-Rol Gluten Free Puff Pastry sheet
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 3 pineapple slices, cut into segments
- ½ small papaya, peeled, sliced and cut into chunks
- 1 tblsp blueberries
- 1 lime, zest
- 4 tblsp crème fraiche
- Icing sugar, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C in a fan oven) Gas mark 7
- Unroll the sheet of pastry and using a saucer (or similar), cut out a 20cm (8 inch) disc.
- Using a knife, mark an inner circle 2cm from the edge of the pastry. Prick the inner circle all over with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown. Set aside to cool completely. If the middle circle has risen up, simply push down.
- Put the crème fraiche in a bowl with the lime zest, adding a little icing sugar to sweeten if desired and stir.
- Spread the crème fraiche over the pastry, decorate with the fruit and finish with a dusting of icing sugar. Cut into slices and serve.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge and remove from the box approximately 10 minutes before you are ready to use it, as it will be easier to work with.
- This recipe works well with any seasonal fruit!
- The pastry base can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored in an airtight container. Top with the crème fraiche and fruit just before serving to ensure the pastry stays light and crisp!
- Leftover papaya – delicious with a generous squeeze of fresh lime juice!