20 minutes bake time
Perfect for nibbles or as a starter, try this recipe for tomato pillows – made with Jus-Rol’s rosemary and thyme puff pastry, serve with a green salad.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Rosemary & Thyme Puff pastry ready rolled sheet
- 6 medium tomatoes
- beaten egg to glaze
- Little olive oil for drizzling to serve and freshly ground black pepper
- Baking Sheet
- Baking parchment
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C for fan assisted ovens)
- Unroll pastry sheet and using a sharp knife cut into 12 equal squares. Place on a lined baking sheet.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place one half, cut side up on each pastry square, pressing down in the centre. Brush pastry with beaten egg and bake for 10 - 12 minutes until pastry risen and golden around the cooked tomato. Drizzle with a little olive oil and scatter with ground black pepper before serving warm.