Turkey and Fennel Pie
40 minutes bake time
Find out how to make turkey and fennel pie with this easy recipe – made with Jus-Rol’s all butter puff pastry and great for using up leftover turkey.
- 500g Jus-Rol™ All butter puff pastry thawed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks washed, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm lengths
- 1 bulb fennel halved and sliced
- 1 lemon juice and rind
- 500g cooked turkey diced
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche
- 125ml white wine
- Beaten egg to glaze
- A few sprigs of thyme
- Pie Dish
- Rolling Pin
- Pastry Brush
- Heat oil in pan and gently sauté leeks until just soft, add fennel and cook for further 5-8 minutes. Stir in juice and rind of lemon, then leaves from the thyme and the wine, bring to boil and then simmer for 2-3 mins. Add the turkey and crème fraiche, stir well and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan assisted)/ 425ºF/Gas 7. Place cooled filling in a pie dish, roll out pastry large enough to cover the dish with some to spare. Trim strips from the edge of the pastry approx. 2 cm/1â wide, brush dish rim with beaten egg and place pastry strips on top to form a pastry rim.
- Brush rim with beaten egg, carefully place large piece of pastry over dish, press edges together firmly and trim off excess with a sharp knife. Knock up edges and flute if desired, make a small hole in centre of lid to allow steam to escape. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with flaked almonds, bake for 25 minutes until pastry risen and golden.