Upside-Down Pineapple Tart
75 minutes bake time
Try this delicious, quick and easy upside down pineapple tart recipe for a tasty dessert treat. Made with Jus-Rol sweet shortcrust pastry.
- 1 Jus-Rol™ Frozen Shortcrust Pastry Block
- 200g cherry jam
- 100g self-raising flour
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 150g soft butter
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 5 pineapple rings
- 5 whole glacé cherries
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Ice cream, custard or single cream, to serve (optional)
- Rolling Pin
- 20cm round loose bottomed tart tin
- Foil or greaseproof paper
- Baking Beans
- Electric Mixer
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan oven) Gas Mark 4. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until big enough to line a 22cm round deep loose-bottomed tart tin. Line the pastry with foil or greaseproof paper, fill with baking beans and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and cook for 10 minutes more until golden, then spread the cherry jam over the base and set aside.
- Make the filling by putting the flour, coconut, butter, sugar and eggs into a big mixing bowl. Beat with an electric whisk until smooth.
- Spread the coconut filling over the jam base. Arrange the pineapple rings on top, with a whole cherry in the centre of each, then bake for 35-40 minutes until the sponge is risen and firm. Cool completely in the tin.
- Lift from the tin and dust with a little icing sugar before slicing. Serve with ice cream, custard or single cream, if you like.