Wild Mushroom & Camembert Parcels
20 minutes bake time
Throw together a get together this Friday night with this delicious wild mushroom & creamy camembert puff pastry parcels recipe, guaranteed to impress!
- 1 x 320 g pack Jus-Rol™ Ready rolled puff pastry
- 15g (1/2 oz) dried porcini mushrooms
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g wild mushrooms, wiped clean with kitchen paper and sliced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Few sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 150 g Camembert, sliced
- 1 small free-range egg, beaten Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Frying pan
- Pastry Brush
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7, 220°C, fan 200°C.
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in 100ml boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain the mushrooms and finely chop.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat, add the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden and there is no moisture in the pan. Add the shallots, thyme and garlic, season well and fry for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Unroll the ready roll Jus-Rol Puff Pastry and cut into 6 squares. Divide the mushroom mixture between the squares, placing it in the middle. Top with a little cranberry sauce and a slice of camembert.
- Brush two adjacent sides of the pastry with the beaten egg, take the opposite corners of the pastry to the middle and pinch together. Take the other two corners and bring to the middle, pinching all corners together and sealing the sides.
- Brush with egg wash and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and puffed up, then allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.