How to Make Filo Pastry Tartlets
- Lay stack of filo sheets on work surface and using a sharp knife, cut stack into two equal strips down its length.
- Cut each strip into four equal squares as shown.
- You will end up with the stack cut into 8 equal squares.
- Keeping all other filo squares covered with cling film to prevent them drying out, lay one square onto work top and brush lightly with melted butter.
- Top with a second square, offset to allow corners to show.
- Brush lightly with butter.
- Repeat with further two squares so all corners are offset.
- Gently press the layered pastry into one of the forms of a muffin tin and repeat the process with remaining pastry. Bake at 190ºC (170ºC for fan assisted ) / 375ºF /Gas M. 5 for approx. 8 -10 mins until golden brown. Cool and store in an airtight container until required.